How to apply for Transfer Credit
Once you have been accepted into a NAIT Credit program, you are eligible to apply for Transfer Credit. Please follow the below steps to avoid any delay in the assessment review or posting of transfer credits:
- Visit your program webpage and select the Courses menu to view all the courses in the program
- Click on each course to view the course outline
- Review the relevant course outlines and identify the courses for which you believe you could successfully receive credit.
- Gather documents you may need, such as:
- Official Transcripts (if not already submitted to NAIT)
- Course outlines/syllabuses
- Learning Outcomes
- IQAS or NAIT Foreign Document Assessment (if not already submitted to NAIT)
- Other relevant documents
*Please ensure that all of the above documents submitted are in English.
- Fill out the Transfer Credit Request form. Please note: A $1.75% non-refundable convenience fee will be added to all credit card payments. For additional methods of payment, please visit Tuition & Fees.
- You are encouraged to enrol in your classes to secure your spot while you are awaiting a decision.
NAIT transfer credit guidelines
Before submitting a transfer request form, you must have been accepted into a NAIT credit program and paid the non-refundable tuition deposit. You should enrol in the courses you want to receive credit for until you receive official confirmation that credit has been received.
- Credit is granted per course – partial credit will not be granted.
- Credit granted will not exceed that of the NAIT course credit.
- The curriculum of the original course must be a minimum of an 80% match to NAIT course outcomes.