Each year, our programs are reviewed by members of our program advisory councils (PACs) to ensure students are learning everything they need to be successful in the workforce. Topics discussed include program curriculum and desired outcomes, new industry innovations and challenges and program needs such as equipment, work-integrated learning participants and field trip opportunities.
The education we provide includes training with industry-standard tools and equipment, field trips and labs that provide hands-on learning, and work-integrated learning experiences that puts student learning to the test.
If you would like to know more about how you can support the JR Shaw School of Business and our programs and students, please contact:
Associate Dean, Industry Engagement
Many of our programs include the option for students to apply professional skills and theoretical understanding in a workplace setting through practicum, co-op and work experience. In turn, you get well-trained employees for a designated period of time with the potential to bring them back after graduation.
Hire a NAIT student
Are you an employer looking for temporary student employees? Reach out to a member of our friendly work-integrated learning (WIL) team to find out how you can join our program!
Contact us regarding hiring NAIT Students
Certifications and designations
Our programs provide you with a skill set that employers seek, as well as the opportunity to earn credit towards a number of professional designations, including:
- Accredited in Public Relations (APR)
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Certified Marketing Specialist (CMS)
- Certified Marketing Management Professional (CMMP)
- Certified Marketing Research Professional (CMRP)
- Certified Professional Purchasing Manager (CPPM)
- Certified Sales Professional (CSP)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) University Recognition Program
- Certified in Management (CIM)
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA)
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR)
- Canadian Professional Sales Certificate Program (CPSA)
- Life License Qualification Program (LLQP) to become a life insurance agent
- Professional Risk Manager Designation (PRM)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP)
Find out how you can work with NAIT to uncover solutions for your business