In some cases, programs may include an interview as part of the application process in addition to evaluating a student’s academic qualifications. For these programs, final selection for admittance is based strictly on interview scores. Review your program page to see if the interview process is a part of the application.
The following are examples of some of the NAIT programs that require admissions interviews for competitive entrance:
How to get an interview
- Applicants deemed as competitive are shortlisted for interviews.
- The first round of interviews will occur in December for shortlisted applicants who complete their applications by November 1. The second round of interviews for all other shortlisted applicants take place in April.
- Those selected for an interview are contacted with instructions on how to complete the interview.
- Applicants with prior NAIT Health and Life Sciences credentials, or who have completed at least one approved Open Studies course in the School of Health and Life Sciences with a minimum of 75%, may be given special consideration for the interview shortlist.
Preparing for your interview
Our NAIT advisors offer Health Program Interview Workshops to help applicants and prospective students of healthcare programs better understand and prepare for the interview process. Check our dates and events for upcoming workshops!
- Health program interview workshops
- Interview preparation questions and guides
- Tips for how to set up your web camera, microphone and other online interview necessities
If you are unable to attend one of the workshops, please review the three-part recording below. Please note that tips on how to research, present, and practice for the multi-mini interview remain consistent year-to-year; however, information regarding entrance requirements is subject to change
Part 1: Prepare
Learn more about why certain programs require interviews and what you can expect at NAIT.
Part 2: Presentation tips
Boost your confidence with key communication skills. Learn how to set up your room and video technology.
Part 3: Practice
Find out which types of questions you may be asked in a program interview. Includes example questions for practice!