Student Mentees are new, first-year NAIT students who are new to studying in Canada. Student Mentees should commit to participating in group meetups and activities during the semester they have signed up for. Upon signing up for the program, Student Mentees will be matched with an IPM.
Timeline: 1 semester (fall or winter).
Benefits for Student Mentees:
- Have opportunities to ask questions related to cultural adjustment to a senior year student and receive peer-to-peer advice from them.
- Meet fellow students in your International Peer Group.
- Develop a social network of support around you as you start your academic journey at NAIT.
- Increase your understanding of NAIT systems and awareness of NAIT student services.
- Practice interpersonal skills and building a network for future opportunities!
Please note that IPMs will not provide help with student coursework. Please visit Nimbus Learning, offered by the NAIT Students’ Association, for information on tutoring resources.