Immigration & Visa Requirements

As of January 22, 2024, Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) introduced a limit on study permit applications for international students. To understand what this means for current NAIT international students, admitted students and applicants/future students, we've put together this information and FAQ here.

International students who study for more than six months will need a study permit. Many can work while they study. In many instances, post-graduation work experiences enable international students to become eligible to apply for various permanent residence programs.

For complete information about your immigration options, please visit Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

How to apply for your first study or work permit

For Temporary Resident Visa (Entry Visa or a Study Permit (or both)) information, please contact the nearest Canadian Embassy, High Commission or Consulate.

If you are a legal resident, living in one of these countries: Antigua and Barbuda, Brazil, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, India, Morocco, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Senegal, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago or Vietnam, you have the option to apply for your study permit through Student Direct Stream (SDS) program. Please read about the requirements and instructions from the Government of Canada website if you are planning to apply through this program.

Looking for more information?

We're happy to help answer your questions.   Feel free to submit any Immigration questions through We also recommend you check out the Government of Canada's Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship page for all up to date information.

Shopping Cart Quick View
Open Shopping Cart