Emergency supports for international students
NAIT recognizes that some applicants and students may be affected by war, displacement, natural disaster, or similar circumstances.
We're here to support you
If you are impacted by any of the scenarios noted above, please book an appointment to discuss your circumstances with an International Advisor. Supports are reviewed on a case-by-case basis and may require approval through the Office of the Registrar.
Examples of supports include:
- Assistance during the application process, which may include adjustments to timelines or documentation requirements
- Payment plans
- Emergency bursaries
Counselling services at NAIT are free and confidential and are available to support your mental health and well-being.
- NAITSA Student Services provides a variety of services available to students, including mental health support and Peer Support.
- NAIT Chaplaincy offers support, mentorship and guidance. You can arrange to speak with one of our chaplains from 9 different denominations.
Support for Ukrainian Students
For Fall 2023 and Winter 2024, NAIT will offer the below supports for Ukrainian applicants and students affected by the ongoing events in Ukraine.
CUAET & Ukrainian students
NAIT will waive the international differential fees for Ukrainian international students who are in Canada through the Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel (CUAET). This means eligible students would pay the same tuition rates as a Canadian citizen for Fall 2023 and Winter 2024.
- If you are accepted into a NAIT program and came to Canada using the CUAET temporary residence pathway, please submit a contact form using:
- Topic: Funding and Financial Account, Subcategory: Ukraine CUAET supports.
- You must attach your work permit or study permit that shows your CUAET status.
For international applicants with Ukrainian citizenship, NAIT will refund the application fee ($115) in Fall 2023 and Winter 2024. NAIT can also offer additional supports depending on your situation such as adjustments to document requirements or financial supports. To request additional supports, please submit a contact form and provide details about what you are seeking.