How is academic standing calculated?
At the end of each term, academic standing is calculated based on your term grade point average (TGPA). There are two levels of academic standing:
A student who achieves an end of term TGPA of 2.0 or higher is considered to be in good standing. Official and unofficial transcripts are updated at the end of the term to reflect this.
A student with a TGPA below 2.0 will receive an academic warning. Official and unofficial transcripts are updated at the end of the term to reflect this.
Viewing your academic standing
Academic standing decisions post at the end of each academic term. Students may verify their status through their MyNAIT portal. To access this information:
- Log into the MyNAIT Portal.
- Click on the “My Academics” tab.
- Click on “Grades & Transcripts.”
- Go to the “View Grades and Academic Decisions” page for the specified term.
- The academic standing decision is located at the bottom of the page.
Academic decisions will also appear a student’s official and unofficial transcript. Unofficial copies are available to students through their MyNAIT portal.
For more information, please review the Academic Standing Procedure.