Guest Chef in Residence
The Guest Chef in Residence is a celebrity chef who is well-known to the industry, food educators, and the general public. They have diverse industry experience including successful restaurant ownership, TV appearances, published books and articles, and affiliations with global and national food organizations.
During their short-term residency, ranging from 3 to 5 days, the guest Chef in Residence will participate in hands-on lessons with students, give presentations and demonstrations, and participate in special events.
Chef in Residence Week 2023
Join chefs Connie DeSousa and John Jackson on March 16 and 17, 2023 for an exclusive, limited-time dining experience during their NAIT residency.
NAIT's Hokanson Chefs in Residence program over the years
For more than a decade, NAIT students have had the unique opportunity to learn from the following culinary masters:
- Jeremy Charles Chef and co-owner, Raymonds, St. John’s, Newfoundland
- David Hawksworth Chef and owner, Hawksworth, Nightingale and Bel Café
- Rod Butters Chef and owner, RauDZ Regional Table, Micro Bar • Bites, and Sunny’s in Kelowna, B.C. and Terrafina at Hester Creek in Oliver, B.C.
- Amanda Cohen Chef and owner, Dirt Candy in New York City, New York
- Vikram Vij Chef and owner Vij’s Restaurant, Vij’s Rangoli, Vij’s Sutra in Vancouver, British Columbia and Vij’s Shanti in Surrey, B.C.
- Michael Stadtländer Owner and chef, Eigensinn Farm
- Lynn Crawford Chef and owner, Ruby WatchCo in Toronto, Ontario
- Chris Cosentino Chef and co-owner, Cockscomb in San Francisco, California, Jackrabbit in Portland, Oregon and Acacia House in Napa Valley, California.
- Massimo Capra Chef and owner, Mistura Restaurant, Sopra Upper Lounge, Boccone Trattoria Veloce, Boccone Pronto in Toronto, and Soprafino Restaurant in Doha, Qatar.
- Susur Lee Chef and owner, Lee, Bent, Luckee, Lee Kitchen and Fring’s in Toronto and TungLok Heen in Singapore
- David Adjey Author, Deconstructing The Dish: Inspirations For Modernday Cuisine and Heart and Soul Cuisine from the Estates of Sunnybrook
- Rob Feenie Test Kitchen Chef, Cactus Club Cafe, locations across Canada