Published on October 26, 2022
After two years of virtual offerings, NAIT’s annual Open House returns to an in-person event on Saturday, October 29 on Main Campus.
Over 100 booths, lab tours, interactive displays and various information sessions will highlight the recruitment event, providing prospective students with the hands-on experience the polytechnic is known for.
Attendees will have an opportunity to talk directly with program experts, instructors and current students to learn more about their programs of interest. Programs from all four schools – JR Shaw School of Business, School of Applied Sciences and Technology, School of Health and Life Sciences and School of Skilled Trades – will be represented.
Staff from student services and supports such as admissions, student awards and financial aid, and the Nîsôhkamâtotân Centre, will also be in attendance.
Lab tours and interactive stations will also be offered throughout the day for prospective students to explore NAIT’s hands-on learning experiences, such as:
- touring the state-of-the-art Scotiabank Banking and Stock Trading Lab to get a feel for a real stock trading room
- helping to prevent a disaster from occurring with the Disaster and Emergency Management video game simulator
- dressing in full medical personal protective equipment at the Medical Radiologic Technology booth
- learning how to weld at the Miller Welding Truck and Trailer
- experimenting with virtual car painting at the Auto Body Technician booth
- interacting with the augmented reality sand table used in Landscape Architectural Technology
- using the drilling simulator in Petroleum Engineering Technology
The event is free and open to anyone interested in learning more about NAIT’s polytechnic education.
WHAT: 2022 NAIT Open House
WHEN: Saturday, October 29, 2022
TIME: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. MDT
WHERE: NAIT’s Main Campus, 11762 102 st, Edmonton, AB
RSVP: nait.ca/openhouse for a chance to win one of two $250 Visa gift cards
Free parking is available in the A/B and M parkades and all NAIT surface lots.
*Open House booth set-up takes place on Friday, Oct. 28 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Main Campus (11762 106 st, Edmonton, AB; campus map; Google map). Media interested in attending booth set-up for photos and interviews can contact NAIT media relations at email@example.com*